Thursday, November 19, 2015

Justin Clumpner research survey evaluation

https://artinsubordinate.wordpress.com/2015/11/20/evaluating-a-student-survey-on-gender/

5 comments:

  1. this was quite interesting I was very curious about this when you mentioned this survey to the class a while back. Specially in today's media like Jenner coming out as a trans gender I wondered if any of your surveyors would mention this at all. I think today in present time things are changing and people are trying to change the way we as a society see gender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting survey Justin.

    If you play with it again, it might be nice to add a couple of sub question categories under each question.

    FREQUENCY
    1. on frequency of being aware of being X (X being there answer to the overarching question)

    INTIMATE RELATIONSHIPS/VOCATIONALLY
    2. again in regard to each question, could they then refine their answers relative to how X is expressed in there personal relationships and how they think X might be realized in their vocational experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin, a great idea for pondering about art, something we do not encourage our students to do.I get the products of an uneven art education at the secondary level.For me it helps the students develop a full orb ed view of themselves personally and in a societal framework.I am also glad students were allowed to present their spiritual views.It is important that all viewpoints be freely shared especially in this politically correct school environment.Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Justin,
    This was very interesting! The question about how we treat people of other genders really fascinated me. I like it (and am usually thankful, because I cart around a small library with me most days) when someone will hold the door open for me, but it doesn't have to be a man opening it, it can be whoever. Just the curtesy is so nice, and some days so desperately needed. I try to do little things for the people around me, like holding the door for them, etc. But not because of their gender, just because I know sometimes we all need a little helping hand. I wonder though how, even if subconsciously, we treat others based on perceived/recognized/acknowledged gender? Am I more inclined to help someone of my own gender? What does that mean? Hmmmm.... interesting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for finding ways to connect the course to your own teaching, Justin. I love that you extended the reach of our course readings, casting a much wider instructional net. Your project is reflective of an extraordinary educator, in my opinion. Thank you for sharing throughout the semester.

    ReplyDelete